A wide swing and a miss, Kermit... (Criticism)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 19, 2018, 07:39 (2261 days ago) @ Kermit

This is obviously to fix the Winding Cove exploit. Is this really different than closing the Loot cave or not letting us get exotics for killing Draksis every three minutes? I mean, obviously there will always be exploits, but Bungie has consistently fixed the game when things turn up that lead to tedium.

You're talking about preventing the Weep exploit, which is something that they announced ages ago, and that we knew would be a part of the patch well ahead of time. Not what I'm talking about at all. The problem with this "fix" is that it hurts players who are playing the game "correctly", and there's no way that the player knows if he'll get ripped off. When it happened to cheapLEY, it was hugely discouraging, and I don't think he's alone.

Oh, I know what's different. The internet is in high dungeon about "throttling"--a term that makes it sound like Bungie is choking us to death. Sigh.

Now that's just stupid, man... It means that players are suddenly cut off from earning what they would normally be. First it was XP (and chest rewards), now it's just legitimately earned chest rewards. I don't think anyone means to use the term in the way your vivid imagination is, but the term is appropriate for what is happening again.

Increasingly, I feel like I'm living on a different planet than most people.

Clearly, you're living on a planet where I'm talking about the rewards themselves, even though the whole point of the thread was about Bungie continuing to make boneheaded mistakes and choices that they know won't go over well (especially when those choices turn out to be buggy and hurt the people who are already playing their game the way Bungie wants them to), and then failing to communicate with their customers. It has nothing to do with them fixing a specific exploit.

P.S. I alternated public events and lost sectors and some other stuff for a few hours. I now have everything but the helmet. Every time I filled the bar I got a new piece of armor.

Congrats. I had a full Warlock set with new Monarchy the first week, IIRC. My Titan is missing the helmet, but I think he'll be doing Dead Orbit this week; I think the Lion armor looks dumb...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread