Commumication is a process. (Criticism)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 08:58 (2261 days ago) @ Coaxkez

You're right, but I fear the collective wrath of the Internet is not wise enough to know this.

Either way, you've got to admit, it's not a great look for Bungie to write up a long blog post about how they're going to improve communication with the community, only to experience yet another instance of bad communication not one week later.

Chris' task is thankless. He is being put under a lot of pressure that could be alleviated if other team leaders within Bungie stepped forward and started communicating with the fans too. Frankly, they're hanging him out to dry here.

One of the lines given to me when going through official channels to speak with people currently working at Bungie was verbatim: “We wouldn’t want anyone to make any unauthorized remarks.” This was after specifying I’d be asking about Halo and before.

There is too much at stake nowadays to simply be frank and open with fans. Part of it is the internet jumping on a single utterance and instance of fault, but part of it is the huge publishing deal they have in place.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread