There seems to be a group working at cross purposes (Criticism)

by Durandal, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:15 (2290 days ago) @ Korny

I'm not sure I get why there has to be a cool down. They already kind of pace the rewards to the time invested, (sort of). It isn't like you can run PE's super fast to begin with, and with a fixed amount per win this isn't the type of thing you need a cool down on. Likewise given the low rewards for other activities it seems hard to really grind tokens.

So why do you need a cool down? I mean you have PVP, which is timed. Strikes which are timed. PE events which rotate on a timer, and if you are lucky you can finish one early and hit a second right away, supplies on a timer, and lost sectors.

Of these, lost sectors were spammed, and I can understand putting a timer to defeat the loot exploit in the EDZ. Why have a cool down for anything else? It just seems like added work for minimal benefit, especially since you have this large publicity risk.

Players are hugely sensitized to this issue. Cooldowns, especially hidden ones, are a major sore point. Why risk adding them back in? They would have been better off adding a closing door to the sump lost sector.

There seems to be a cabal of programmers that want to solve all the grind issues with time outs. Its weird.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread