"We're Listening." (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 16:35 (2288 days ago) @ Kermit

I guess that’s where I’m at.

I started doing Faction Rally stuff on Tuesday. I enjoyed just playing again for about 30 minutes. Then I didn’t get tokens from a loot cave and it completely flipped my mood. Maybe that’s on me. It’s really not a big deal. But it also made me realize that I was like 80% just playing to get FWC ornaments for my Hunter. And then I stopped playing.

I’m just at the point where playing the game just isn’t that fun, unless we’re raifing. And even that has lost a bit of its luster. And that’s fine. That’s part of the reason I love D2. I can feel good about putting it down and waiting for the next expansion. But I do still want that FWC armor. But Bungie decided I can only get that during one week ever month or two, and they also decided I can’t just grind out tokens quickly, so I can just get bent, I guess. Ultimately that’s fine, too—it’s their game, they can do what they want and I’ll just go without. But I also won’t pretend that it’s not annoying. It didn’t ruin my day, it’s just a video game, and I have plenty of those to play. Partly I think it’s just that I wish the game was more fun for me than it actually is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread