"We're Listening." (Criticism)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 12:24 (2261 days ago) @ Korny

Bungie reported yesterday that yeah, actually there is a new throttle that they didn't tell us about, but it's "not supposed to" affect Public Events, but it's bugged, so it does. Oops!

I'm confused - where did they say there was actually a new throttle that they didn't tell us about? Cozmo's response in that thread simply says there is not throttle - where are you getting the rest of this?

Cozmo said:

"I'm seeing others in the thread who are stating the Public Events are not affected by the throttle."

Which acknowledges the presence of a throttle. Although you could chalk it up to poor word choice, he imediately follows it up with "I spoke with the team and there is no throttle on Public Events."

Which of course is different than saying that there is no throttle at all. But it's clearly a real, and common issue if it's unintentional, and dmg04 has already said that we'll have an official statement from Bungie later today.

And yeah, as was pointed out, dmg04 had to amend yesterday's post, acknowledging that there is one:

"Right now if a player opens more than 2 Chests in a 10 minute period they will not receive additional rewards from Lost Sector chests for 10 minutes. This does not prevent players from completing milestones related to Lost Sector chests."

This is obviously to fix the Winding Cove exploit. Is this really different than closing the Loot cave or not letting us get exotics for killing Draksis every three minutes? I mean, obviously there will always be exploits, but Bungie has consistently fixed the game when things turn up that lead to tedium.

Oh, I know what's different. The internet is in high dungeon about "throttling"--a term that makes it sound like Bungie is choking us to death. Sigh.

Increasingly, I feel like I'm living on a different planet than most people.

Kerm

P.S. I alternated public events and lost sectors and some other stuff for a few hours. I now have everything but the helmet. Every time I filled the bar I got a new piece of armor.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread