I had a good time yesterday, too... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 14:20 (1905 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

... running up against squads of early Last Word adopters who were hoping to wreck shop, and blowing them away with my Luna's Howl ;p

I ended up completing the quest myself last night, and I'm quite surprised by how mediocre it feels. Messed around with it for a few minutes, then threw it in the vault. Oh well :-/

Well, compared to Luna's Howl, I'm sure it doesn't really feel like much. I kinda wish Luna's Howl was restricted to competitive. I might actually enjoy PvP more.

Luna’s Howl is definitely a top-tier weapon, but it isn’t as unstoppable as people make it out to be (not it my hands, at least). I frequently lose 1v1s to Trust, Ace of Spades, Bygones, certain sidearms... Luna has a range-window in which it is absolutely deadly, but just slightly outside of that sweet spot, its effectiveness falls off drastically.

Regarding TLW, there’s a lot of chatter over on Reddit about just how poor it feels and performs on console (seems to be great on PC). Lots of people who are comparing it to the PC version are pointing out that the bloom effect (which apparently doesn’t exist on PC?) causes your bullets to land inconsistently, even within optimal range. I was never great with TLW in D1, but last night I found it way harder than I remember it being to land hits, even on big targets, even at close range. It’s too soon to say for sure, but my impression so far is that TLW is underwhelming at best. Hopefully it’ll get tweaked in the near future so that it can feel a little more special.

(It sure is fun watching it spin around, though. I missed that animation).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread