I had a good time yesterday, too... (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:19 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

A lot of the talk we see now from players hoping for buffs is aimed towards getting D2 back up to the balance of mechanics that we had in D1.

I don’t think this can be stated enough. I do disagree that D2 is currently the best Destiny has ever been (D1Y3 still holds that crown) and definitely don’t want everything to swing to excessive power. Things that get brought down have traditionally needed it, though sometimes they are brought down too far. But Vanilla D2 sundered eveything and we’ve been inchhing back up.

This discussions a broader need to mix up the meta to greater degrees (Sidearms and SMGs should both have a longer range of potential effectiveness, Auto Rifles should poke farther into the core Pulse ranges more reliably) so that the close range is somewhat less crowded. But the follow up to that is that Bungie leaned so far away from what made Destiny stand out (abilities) and still hasn’t gotten back to them in the broad sense they need to.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread