The Last Word. (Mine, not yours...) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 01, 2019, 18:52 (1903 days ago) @ Ragashingo

All the jumping through hoops to defend the Last Word is silly...

No... Just no. If a straight forward video saying the gun is excellent counts as jumping through hoops then we're not even on the same continent in terms of discussing the gun or the game. Different points of view and all that? Sure, let's be charitable, call it that, and agree to very strongly disagree.

It is silly because it totally strawmans the complaints many people have about the gun (hence my “jumping through hoops” comment). TLW in D2 does not have the consistent and reliable accuracy that it had it D1. Plain and simple. That doesn’t mean it’s trash, nor does it mean that some players wont enjoy it and do well with it. It’s like you’re straining to avoid seeing my point here. People expect X, they’re given Y, and are disappointed because they were looking forward to X. And before you roll out the usual “let’s blame the community for having unfair expectations” trope, remember that the whole point of bringing back an iconic D1 weapon is to capitalize on the community’s love for that weapon, which is directly tied to how that weapon performed in D1. So yes, players were justified in expecting D2’s Last Word to live up to D1’s Last Word. And it simply doesn’t. There’s no debating that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread