I had a good time yesterday, too... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 23:01 (1910 days ago) @ Ragashingo

There’s a lot in your post that I agree with :)
I don’t have time to go through it all point by point right now, but I did want to address this specific thought:

At the end of the day, I am sick and tired of this new attitude of nothing but buffs. There has to be some point where things have been taken too far, where the game is playing too fast. But, aside from the occasional outright broken weapon (Sleeper in Gambit) or crazy overpowered Super (Nova Warp) the constant drum beat is for lower TTK, less recoil, faster player movement, less player health. Enough already!

I don’t think that’s an accurate assessment of what is happening. We need to remember that when D2 launched, there were many areas of the game that were changed in a way that made players feel weaker and less effective. A lot of the talk we see now from players hoping for buffs is aimed towards getting D2 back up to the balance of mechanics that we had in D1.

This video does a decent job of illustrating how weapons in D2 perform objectively worse on console than they do on PC, while also comparing D2 mechanics like recoil and flinch to the same mechanics in D1. Some of the differences are minor, others more drastic, and D2 console is on the losing end of pretty much every single comparison. So I don’t think it’s fair to claim that the vocal fans on Reddit are trying to get everything in D2 buffed into the stratosphere. I think most of them would be happy if their weapons felt as effective as they did in D1.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread