I had a good time yesterday, too... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂ @, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 17:33 (22 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I know it’s easy to dismiss whining and complaining, but when the community on Reddit is this united about something, they’re usually right.

I strongly disagree. Reddit is why Destiny 2 is like it is today. A game tuned for overly fast gameplay and time to kill and a game that demands far more of my time to simply play new content than I'm willing to give. And Nova Warp?! Is the most extreme of extreme edge cases. I'd be like someone denying the power of the un-nerfed Sunbreaker Titan back in the Destiny 1 glory days.

I find that, in general, Reddit want every single thing to kill faster no matter what.

I jumped in with The Last Word just now, and I'm not at all sure what people are expecting. I got a decent 17 kills vs a team that was generally outplaying my randos. It is decent at short range, useless at long range, but it felt... good. I beat a shotgun slider 2 out of 3 times we clashed. I pulled off a midrange 8 shot kill against someone who was ducking to and fro around a corner. I can't kill people across the map, but so what?! It's a close range gun that hits surprisingly hard with surprising ease when you trust the hip fire.

Played another game and did well with cloaking and The Last Word. Again. It worked well. 24 kills. My K/D was a little lower than normal for various reasons (my Hunter build SUCKS and hasn't been touched since pre-Forsaken so I never have any abilities ready when I need them) but The Last Word did well by me.

The only issue I had, really, was that shotguns are strong at _midrange_ and utterly dominate close range, all to the point that using ANY gun other than a shotgun at those ranges becomes very tough. And for that, I blame Reddit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread