I had a good time yesterday, too... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 15:04 (1906 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm not convinced anything is wrong. The Last Word varied in its deadliness in D1 by quite a bit. It did a good job killing me last night but wasn't unstoppable. I think it's just a short range weapon and people are wanting it to kill at any range. At least give the community more than a handful of hours to actually get a feel for it.

(If the comparison really is to the PC version were everything is far more accurate... then, meh. The Last Word should should be good, not laser accurate. If it is that way on PC for some reason then the PC version is broken. I'm not sure Reddit understands the concept of something being overpowered.)

I think there are 3 distinct issues:

1) People feel like TLW in D2 isn’t as strong or effective as it was in D1 (I personally am fine with this)

2) TLW on console seems to be demonstrably inferior to its PC counterpart

3) TLW on console does not perform at a level where the serious PvP crowd feels it competes with the other PvP favourite weapons.

I know it’s easy to dismiss whining and complaining, but when the community on Reddit is this united about something, they’re usually right. (Heck, many of us were saying after 1 or 2 crucible matches that Nova Warp was too strong... sometimes these things are obvious).
I’m absolutely not setting my opinions in stone, but my early impression is that it feels really bad to use. I’m sure there are players who will like it, and some might even be quite effective with it. I’m not saying “it needs to change” or anything like that. For me, it was a letdown after so much hype and it’s own unique quest. No big deal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread