Oh come on. (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 10, 2020, 09:33 (1231 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s asinine. Sorry, it is. That’s a ridiculous position. If I can buy it on a 7 year old console, it should fucking work on that 7 year old console. And don’t get me stared on day one patches. It’s not the consumers fault they went gold and printed discs facing months ago and then decided “Oh wait, actually it’s not done yet.” Not having a day one patch doesn’t make it better, that’s the version of the game you will get if you walk into a store and spend $60 on a disc.

This is a risk they take. They are okay with people playing that version of the game. And so they must be willing to accept that those people might complain and make the game look bad.

I could not bring myself to play Witcher III (boring tedious follow the line quests), but I have ordered this since it is somewhat of a cultural phenomenon and it's worth exploring just based on that. I mean, they had a tie in with Kurzgesagt! A major Hollywood Star. It's kind of everywhere, and it looks bad but in a socially interesting way, where I am hoping criticism can grow our cultural understanding. Or am I expecting too much from the people who write about games?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread