Oh, you zany kids and your hearty endorsement of censorship! (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 10, 2020, 16:39 (1225 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'd say that the best art is nearly always by definition problematic. And that's the not the dictionary.com definition, who change their definitions by the day to serve whatever current talking point needs serving.

Whoa now hey now whoa now hey now.

Let's not start making broad statements here. I mean, breaking the ManKitten character, who is all about good times, but the BC behind the mask is a professional artist. I always enjoy these types of conversations because I find it interesting how everyone interprets art differently. I'm not endorsing censorship and don't even want to be considered in the conversation as such. Once a year, I speak to a class of high school entrepreneurs about The Creative Process in Business and I always tell them, "if you aren't offending someone, you aren't trying hard enough to be creative." I of course explain that thought process and put it all in context.

Saul Goodman.

My point being, my issue was Cody claiming a lack of ethics by the developers for editing their content. I don't consider that censorship.

As I follow the debate, I'm on his side because of the assumption that a remaster is by some strong measure regarded as a means to preserve history. I definitely take his side regarding George Lucas. To me that's one of those issues that is almost beyond debate.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread