Agree... (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 10, 2020, 17:20 (1231 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Being offended is not as bad as being thought of as a child who can't handle being offended.

Ah shit, that person just wants people to quit making shitty jokes at their expense. What a fucking baby!

The fact that you would consider someone to be child because they dare ask for the bare minimum of respect is honestly pretty disappointing.

I try to respect people by giving them the benefit of a doubt. I assume they can understand context and have the resilience to hear or see things (especially words and creative works) that they find offensive without being damaged. If they don't have that capacity, protecting them from offense isn't going to help them get it. And if they don't have that capacity, they are not going to have an easy life.

And frankly, it's a childish perspective to assume that my judgment about whether I'm personally respected is the litmus test to which everything in the world must conform.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread