Mixed feelings so far (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 15:45 (1164 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So the thing I forgot is that he’s talking specifically about the number of UI folks working for n the game. That almost makes it worse, though. No one gives a shot how many UI designers are working on it. Maybe hire someone that can design a new Crucible map or something instead.

Okay, I'm gonna jump in here; I DO give a shot (a shit, even) how many UI designers are working on it, and how good they are. There was a long stretch after Candland left when the team was hurting, and it showed every time I picked up a controller; I'm HAPPY that they've put more manpower on something that is easily overlooked when it works, and painful to use when it doesn't.

TL;DR: I disagree with your opinion on this 100%.

I try not to get worked up about this stuff, but the entire attitude of that tweet really rubs me the wrong way. I wonder how he gets around in the dark, you know, with his whole head entirely in his ass.

Okay, Elliott sure as hell doesn't need me to defend him, but I'm honestly confused by this reaction. He isn't being an asshole about it, he's saying "our team is bigger than it's ever been, so I find it funny when people say we must be running a skeleton crew" - how does that rub you the wrong way? If someone made an assumption about you, and something that you did that was important to you, and it was comically wrong... might you not want to point it out, as well?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread