Season of the Chosen thoughts. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 22:14 (1163 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 22:19

First, the new exotic mission was really good! The atmosphere is great. Reminded me of 343 Guilty Spark in some areas. I loved the entire aesthetic of the mission. I think the boss fight is really fun. I’m also thankful for the recommended power level not being high. And the gun is great! I really love it. Feels good, sounds better, and feels like a fun exotic. I hope they cool it with the random roll exotics, though.

As for the rest of the season so far:

I like the Battlegrounds. They are miles better than Wrathborn Hunts. They’re actually pretty close to the Contact events. As always, I wish there was more variety in mechanics instead of them being the exact same every time. But they are enjoyable. I’m glad the gold is easier to come by than lure charges.

I also do like the storytelling. They’ve finally landed in a good spot with that side of the game, I think. All the dialogue with Crow in the Battlegrounds is good, and I’m glad we’re getting so many voiced lines instead of just walls of text when you finish a quest. I’m less thrilled that they just keep kicking the Uldren Sov can down the road. He’s wearing a mask to hide is identity, seriously? I definitely rolled my eyes at that.

The HELM is neat, but I hate that it’s separate loading zone from the Tower. It’s just not convenient. Now I have to hit two loads to pick up all my bounties. Not the end of the world, but this is the little shit that feels like it should be common sense that adds up into a grating experience. It’s exactly the sort of thing I point to as Destiny not getting out of its own way and actively preventing me from just playing the damn game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread