Mixed feelings so far (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 16:58 (1164 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 17:21

I saw a thread on twitter the other day. One of the UI guys at Bungie said he thought it was funny that he keeps seeing people online theorizing that the game is being supported by a skeleton crew because there’s more people on it now than there has been for a long time. I was confused, because he said that proudly, whereas it actually seems like that would be fucking embarrassing, given the state of the game. For me, it encapsulated the entire relationship between Bungie, the game, and the players. It feels like they fundamentally misunderstand just about everything about the game they’re making and what the players of that game actually want.

(The following is all Cody's opinion)

The real problem is the decision to make a game that's supposed to be played daily or at least often over a long period of time. That's it. They could have 10,000 people working on the game and it would still be a problem. The issue isn't manpower. It's big picture decision making.

(Cody's opinion ends)

Someone who plays FF14 will have to confirm this, but the game director apparently said "We have content drops every 4 months. So play the new content, and when you're done, just go play another game until the next content drop happens". And apparently FF14 is an awesome game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread