I think you're looking in the wrong places (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:53 (1181 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The cool new mission they just added was almost 10 points above my total power level. I shouldn’t have to decide between going in under leveled or spending another two weeks grinding out Pinnacles to be appropriately leveled because I had the audacity to play something else for a while, or because I played Destiny in a way that isn’t exactly as Bungie prescribed.

This is a completely reasonable attitude... except for the fact that it took less than a day to climb those 10 points. (Remember, we're still in the early days of a season, when everything gives you huge gains.)

My Warlock (as of now, Thursday morning, 48 hours after the season started) is at 1289.

I agree with the abstract concept - leveling up just to play what you want is a pretty shitty way to get in the door.

And I agree with the concrete concept, when it applies - playing a GM this season is probably, as it's always been, out of your range (and mine, for that matter).

But your SPECIFIC complaint here is relatively baseless. You can jump on and play for a couple of hours with friends (I'D LOVE TO PLAY WITH YOU AGAIN), and be ready for almost everything currently available.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread