I think you're looking in the wrong places (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, February 11, 2021, 07:23 (1141 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’ve been highly critical of Beyond Light, but I’m starting to think that I may have underestimated how much damage Bungie has done to this game over the past ~16 months, especially with Beyond Light. It just feels like there’s nothing left in this game, which is crazy because there is technically tons of stuff to do. But I think the core pillars of the game, the bread-and-butter activities like strikes, crucible, and gambit are either boring (strikes), tedious (gambit), or a complete fucking disaster (crucible). Sunsetting has largely killed my investment in my gear, and I don’t see how the PvP side of the game will ever recover from the addition of Stasis.

While
A. I certainly think there's plenty Bungie can do better
B. I'm anti-power level

I think this season is pretty solid.

I think they've done a better job of balancing where you feel compelled to go lately. For example, I've done most of the things that I want to do in battlegrounds for this week, and don't really need to dive back into them unless I'm having friendship time with someone else.

I just really appreciate that it feels like I can do whatever I want to level up and unless I"m truly trying to min/max my leveling, that I don't have to do everything if I don't want to. Don't feel like gambit this week? cool (and god knows I don't feel like gambit ever since I got the Reckoner title). I remember when Destiny had me running the strike playlist non-stop to struggly bus my way up the power curve, and this feels so damn far away from that.

Ultimately I take issue with people saying Bungie is out of touch with it's audience, in part because I feel like they've been nailing a lot things lately and these comments make me wonder "am I not their audience?". Where are the metrics, where's the proper analysis of player's time? Of public opinion?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread