I think you're looking in the wrong places (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:39 (1163 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, February 11, 2021, 12:01

Sorry, I was talking about the Harbinger mission last season in that example. It was 1270, correct? I was at 1260ish with Artifact. I’d have probably been okay with a fireteam. But it still sucks that I even have to think about it. Power level only works as a time gate for access to certain activities. I have thousands of hours in Destiny, I’m confident in my skills and ability to play high level activities, and I’m tired of being told I can’t because Bungie has decided I still haven’t put in enough time.

I miss playing with you all too, it never fails to be fun, but I’m really tired of playing Destiny for weeks on end and then realizing I still have to do it for more weeks on end (even when I don’t want to), so that I’m allowed to continue playing the new stuff that gets added at the end of the season. This game is not actually built in a way that allows me to do anything else for a while and the come back. If I could jump in and play whatever I wanted with you, I’d be there tonight, but that’s not the case.

As always, I’m not done forever. I’ll be there day one for the new big expansion, and I’ll jump in before then if they put out something that looks sufficiently interesting.

Really, I want to play Destiny, but it increasingly feels like Bungie just won’t let me do so in any way that I actually find enjoyable. Or, at least, I have to endure weeks of slogging through stuff I don’t want to do in order to get to the stuff that is genuinely great.

I know I’m the forum broken record at this point, so I’ll leave it here, but I just can’t help continuing to be incredibly bummed that I feel like I can’t play a game that I really love when it’s at its best. I would pay actual money every season to just be given a power boost to max level. I know that’s silly, and I’d feel terrible about spending money on something so dumb, but the ability to just jump in and play the best parts of the game with you would be well worth the money.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread