Ok. Fine. Sh*t. I'll bite. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 14:55 (821 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why does it need to be a new invention? Can't it just be something well done, executed with and often far-too-fleeting "folks being good at their job"? Do not besmirch the flowers, and their scent, simply because you've smelled it before.

Just for note; Believable Humans are hard. We instinctively know what they are supposed to look like, move like, so on. Pulling this off is, even in movies, one of the hardest things to do in all of digital art. Just putting that out there, as, every time I see it mentioned it feels like low hanging fruit. Unless shit looks like Reboot, it's just whatever.

[image]

As for the Story, Cody. You're Cody Millering it again. It is not a shame that they didn't hand over a story in a silver platter. Video games are... get this, INTERACTIVE! That means you need to INTERACT with the game world, which, by the way, is its own story and its own character. Yes, that means there is reading (but some videos as well). Movies? Whole different deal. I'll even agree. In a purely visual medium, show don't tell.

But you're in the WORLD Cody, and it seems like you didn't even play in it. I read your take as if... you only play with Legos per instructions, which HEY! Fine! But... so much potential joy is lost. Just... play man. But then again, maybe it's for the best. Clearly you didn't find anything about the world interesting. Mundane objects with fantastic and strange capabilities. Visions and whispers, all asking questions by giving what it calls an answer. What is this place? Why is a free floating fiberglass carousel ride seat, AKA the marry-go-round horse, capable of moving short distances at great speeds? I mean shit... look at that question! I did not think I was going to write that down as a question today!

And you think it's boring?! I'm calling on "It's you man", as Publisher-bull aside, it is a cool game. The game shouldn't need to force you to have fun. To change things up. To which there are plenty of instances of through out the Old House, though clearly not to your rigorously unmoveing and lofty standards.

Anyway, here is what the rest of us said in 2019.

Plus... no love for live action? Here I thought you were an true connoisseur!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread