Damage Mechanics (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 06:37 (3792 days ago) @ kapowaz

I think wanting more info is fine. I too want more info. I think it's another thing to question whether not telling us everything now is a sign that Bungie may not be confident in their gameplay. As you said, they have quite a long time to go before launch or even the beta. All they need are a couple of days, or maybe a big gameplay blowout week to explain things too us. There's plenty of time left for them to do that. Also I somewhat disagree that we need to know everything by the beta. It's almost like you're treating the beta as the release date. A large point of the beta is to be a demo where players can learn if they like Destiny before spending money on it. It's not nearly such a big deal if we don't know everything before the beta since practically all of us will have free access to it. I think your point there would be stronger if there were no free large scale demo and we instead had to go into paying for Destiny with no idea how it worked. But we don't!

I highly doubt Bungie will let us go even into the beta without info on Destiny's core mechanics, but even if they did we will certainly know how everything works by the time they ask us for our money. I think Bungie's silence is the same as it always has been, and it does not raise the questions of whether they are worried about their gameplay. It's kinda like questioning whether Apple is worried that the iPhone 6 will be a failure because it will (likely) be released in June but they haven't even so much as confirmed that they're even making another phone. Not talking about new products until their day of introduction is Apple's standard operating procedure and in no way a sign that things have gone wrong or that they're worried. In the same way stringing us along from one glob of info to the next is the way Bungie does thing and has for at least a decade. If anything, they've given us a lot more info a lot further out than they ever did with Halo.

Ultimately, do you think we'll make it to the beta without knowing how Destiny's core gameplay works, or do you just want to know now instead of a bit later?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread