Damage Mechanics (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 20, 2013, 18:55 (3788 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm with you there. I do understand why some people could be frustrated with how Bungie is releasing information. I just don't happen to be one of them.

But I am a fanboy, admittedly. I would buy Destiny sight-unseen just because it's got the Bungie logo on the cover. I have never NOT enjoyed a Bungie game (I thought ODST and Reach were the best Halo games, barring the original).

I just don't really see the problem, I guess, from my perspective. We know basically what Destiny is, even if they want to avoid the term just because of the negative associations with it. It's a shared world shooter. Who cares exactly how damage works (at this particular moment in time)? We know it's a FPS. We know that is Bungie's bread and butter. They excel at making great FPS games. What else is there to know, at this point, really? I get that yes, there's lots of things that will be new and different, and maybe things you won't like in particular. But ultimately I think we can assume if you like the gameplay, the shooting, of Halo, you'll probably enjoy this. I understand that you (not you in particular, Xenos) need to know more before you make a decision to purchase. The game is still what, almost a year out? If you don't know by the day it's released what you need to know, then by all means, go ahead and complain. But at this point, I just don't really get it. There's still plenty of time for all that to be revealed.

I guess it all boils down to this: for me personally, Bungie still has all the street cred it needs to do basically whatever the hell they want, and I'll still purchase on day one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread