Damage Mechanics (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 20, 2013, 13:50 (3789 days ago) @ Ibeechu

Thanks. I think you put this a little more... smoothly than others have. I'm not even sure which camp I'm in TBH. Part of me likes doing this dance with Bungie every time, but part of me would really just like something more straightforward. I guess what I mean is I'm not too worried about it, but I can see where you're coming from, and you're not wrong.

Totally agree about Jason's interview though. And it's funny, as you were saying that I was thinking "yeah, he's always been like that" and that quote from the Halo 2 making of DVD popped into my head. Then I got to your footnotes and saw it there. :)

I guess if anything is giving me some comfort regarding Destiny's relative greatness, it's that Bungie is on their own now, and no longer making Halo games simply because they have to make Halo games. They're making Destiny because it's what they wanted to make next, which is how all their previous great works came about. That's hardly a guarantee, but it's something.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread