Damage Mechanics (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 10:00 (3792 days ago) @ Ragashingo

A large point of the beta is to be a demo where players can learn if they like Destiny before spending money on it. It's not nearly such a big deal if we don't know everything before the beta since practically all of us will have free access to it. I think your point there would be stronger if there were no free large scale demo and we instead had to go into paying for Destiny with no idea how it worked. But we don't!

Yeah, in contrast to Kapowaz's approach, I've actually already started avoiding gameplay and story info, heh! I want to go into the Beta somewhat-dark (I have a hard time not loving art direction discussion and pretty concept art/screenshots!) and form my own impressions on a game that seems to be blending genres in a way I've yet to experience.

I'm a big fan of the gestalten perspective. A few details about a game, in isolation, can describe or inform a reaction that ends up being completely different than the kind of experience you get when you play the full form of the game... so why worry so much about them if I'm not the one making the thing?

But I'm also the kind of person who yells and turns off the TV if it starts playing a trailer for a movie I want to see, or avoids friends who've seen it before me!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread