Oh please let this be April Fools Day +10 (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 09:10 (3662 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think it makes a sort of sense then that many of the people who were enjoying the games that you disliked (Halo 3 and ODST are my favorites, for example)

For the record I enjoyed Halo 3 a lot. It was just a little bit of a dip in terms of quality.

Which is when you first got an inkling of something going wrong with Bungie, right? That kind of works perfectly with my theory - a theory that applies to me as well, of course. I tend to want to color an artist or band or studio's culture and health a certain way depending on what I thought of their project. I didn't care for Halo 4, for example, and afterwards I started to make all these cynical assumptions about the studio's culture and Microsoft's greedy influences, etc., which just happens to fit rather more nicely with my opinion of the game, doesn't it?

Perhaps 343i were united and felt like a team on top of everything, though. Maybe that band who's third album I didn't like felt as if they were making their magnum opus!

That's all I'm trying to say: I think everyone is at least a little guilty of trying to align their view of a creator or creators with their experiences with their creation, if that makes sense. When something isn't as good, a person wants to use any possible drama (and if none, create some), to help explain why that thing isn't as good. Or perhaps we do it just make things a little more tidy in our brain.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread