It's fascinating, in a way (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 22:16 (3656 days ago) @ Grizzlei
edited by Avateur, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 23:15

So I've been sitting on this. Reading. Digesting. Contemplating. It's just so weird.

Bungie hasn't really released, well, anything regarding Destiny aside from a bunch of pics of guns and knives and whatnot. A commercial here and there. E3. But as a whole, not much of anything substantive beyond the awesome interviews GameInformer put out.

But what has really been building a lot of excitement? What's really been fascinating to read? Sir Paul McCartney. How the music is being created. Marty interviews. E3 music demo. MP3 teases/releases. Would Bungie--actually, could Bungie have even managed to get Paul McCartney without Marty? Would it have even been a thought?

Even if whatever has been contributed to Destiny by Paul McCartney ends up not being all that significant, the fact that his name is attached to it at all absolutely bumped the press, marketing, and appeal/interest to broader markets.

I really, really wonder how this impacts Bungie going forward, even in the immediate Destiny future. Hell, even beyond Destiny.

Obviously I don't know why Marty's gone. No one here seems to know right now, either. Maybe something will get elaborated upon somewhere by someone at some point.

All I know is that it's been an amazing more than a decade of having Marty's work really influence and impact me, and he'll absolutely be missed by myself and many others all over when it comes to Bungie titles. I truly wish him the best and brightest of futures, even while holding on to what's likely a nonexistent possibility of him returning to Bungie.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread