Sad (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 17, 2014, 11:47 (3660 days ago) @ Durandal

That Marty is talented is without question. That he could have a blow up with management and get kicked out is also believable. I've seen it happen before at startups and larger corporations. He is the old hand, the experienced one, with the trophies and accolades to back that up; but he's also in a room with others who are equally old hands, and when money is tight and stress is high the powers that be will cut him lose. And don't believe for a moment stress isn't high. Bungie's continued existence as a studio hinges on Destiny being a wild success. I've seen estimates that Halo 3 cost 30 million to create. Destiny is a much larger project with a larger price tag.

Hopefully things will cool down and they can get back together, but at this point it the relationship may be too damaged to recover.

Well said. What ever damage has been done, has been done to both. There are no winners in this situation. I think 15 years is technically a lot of time to put into one company - you don't just leave it. Its part of his history now and vise versa.

If nothing of this is put into words during the Friday update - I will be more shocked then I was a day ago.

...because... its Marty Freakin' O'Donnell.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread