From last year's Polygon article... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 09:10 (3657 days ago) @ bluerunner

I've seen this being batted around this morning. No idea if it has anything to do with why he was let go (I'm still holding onto hope that it's an elaborate hoax).

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/1/24/3908184/heart-of-bungie-destiny-jason-jones-marty-odonnell-halo

You know, that's really interesting, and that may or may not be a factor, but I've kind of always thought Marty was pretty arrogant ever since he started appearing in things and giving interviews after Halo. If it rubbed ME the wrong way, I can imagine what it would be like up at Bungie HQ…

It's stupid but I understand it. I've seen producers angry at the influence a director can have. I've seen directors angry at the influence an editor can have. It's stupid because everybody should want the best thing regardless of whose idea it was. A lot of people I know work very collaboratively and with little ego, and it's great. But tons don't, because a lot of people hate to give credit. Then there's people in the middle who welcome your creative input in private, but take credit for it in public.

Kind of hard to take credit for the music unless you are Marty or Michael.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread