But the new info is still pretty terrible?... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 14:50 (3453 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Jason Jones has talked about his big regret with Halo; that players replayed those missions over and over and over, for nothing (other than the fun of the gameplay). He wanted Destiny to capture that same enjoyment, but to give the player rewards/stuff to do/goals to work towards while we replay the missions over and over.

Where things went a bit wrong, IMO, is that the average Destiny mission is extremely weak compared to the average Halo mission. They are not as inherently replayable.

I think everyone agrees about this. Unfortunate.

Really, if you removed the story missions, and all we had were patrol, strikes, the raid, and crucible, I don't think my gameplay would change one iota.

It's a shame. I love the strikes, the raid, and a bit of crucible from time to time, but most of the story missions are quite dull. I's taken me until now to get my 2nd character up to level 19 because I just can't stand replaying the 1-20 content. It really is awful compared to the endgame content.

If the story missions were more inherently enjoyable, I think a lot of the hate thrown at Destiny would never have existed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread