Sandbox Update coming soonish (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 17:10 (3365 days ago) @ BeardFade

I think ARs could use a small buff, they seem weak to me. For example, if I'm in close quarters and I start firing before a FR has begun charging and I land all of my hits, I believe the AR should win. FR timing needs to be a premium and thus if they are charging and firing before I acquire them as a target, that's fine. But it really grinds my gears to be full-auto, body hits (I know aim for the head, some of us don't have magic thumbs that can always hit a headshot!) probably 5-6 rounds already, and to hear them charge and fire and kill me with one shot. I think this should be balanced here.

I disagree with this, mostly because a fusion rifle is a special weapon. It's got a short TTK, but not as short as a shotgun, so you still have a chance of killing them in close quarters. And as someone that gets out maneuvered often when I'm using a fusion rifle, my main advice would be if you're in close quarters move to the sides, not back and forth. If you move straight towards a fusion rifle user or run away, you gonna die.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread