High ROF Autorifles (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 20:35 (3360 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

As an AR user, the issue I have is that apart from increased ammo count, there is very little benefit to me with this kind of gun over slower guns.

I say this as someone who used to run a Doctor Nope, so I have a good level of experience with the archetype. A high-RoF AR has to contend with greater recoil and instability than slower models along with lower range and slower reload times. Essentially they have to be used at close range in order to be even on par with other AR archetypes.

So at close range they're equal, and at range, they're just not as good. Even a skilled user has to put more work in to achieve the same level of success as they would find with a slower, stronger model. That's not to say they're inherently "bad", but it does make them "worse".

Caveat: This is PvP Im talking about. I think they're great for PvE, and not just because 15 rounds per second makes a lovely racket.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread