High ROF Autorifles - Blanket Nerfs are a Bad Idea (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, February 06, 2015, 12:05 (3359 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I don't know, man. It sounds to me like you've never used a good autorifle.

These are the facts: The slower RoF autorifles are easier to aim, are effective over longer ranges, have a faster time to kill, and need fewer reloads than their high RoF siblings. There is literally no advantage to the high RoF weapons. They're all downside.

No, seriously, this is getting tiring and repetitive. Can you just not keep all the bullets on the guy you're shooting, or something? I've explained upsides to them earlier. I'm not going to do it again. This is a really, really stupid conversation.

"This gun is statistically better than this gun by these metrics, but its best fitted to a different playstyle than this gun is" is what I'm drawing from what you're saying. I'm not going to pretend Doctor Nope is better than, say, SUROS. I'd still do worse with a SUROS. Therefore, Doctor Nope is, for me, a better gun. And if its the best gun for me and I do well enough, doesn't that mean it's not trash? Doesn't the fact that I do fairly well with it mean it's not trash?

Have I emphasized the importance of playstyle in this enough, yet? Because I'm pretty sure I have. And yet, the point, it's been missed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread