Unknown enemy race

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:56 (4039 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Blue is the Fallen, almost definitely. Think about the small Traveller-esque orb leading the spider tank detail in the first Fallen image we saw. Each of these banners breaks down the races, from orbit to ground troops. They have some tech that evokes the traveller, and I think that's what we see here. Plus, nothing like walking tanks in any of the other banners.

Yeah, I also thought of that; but the green banner has the whole soul-escaping-the-skull thing going on, which I thought was an attribute of the Fallen.

I think the green one is actually Hive- the color scheme makes sense for space zombies.

It was discussed at the GDC presentation that the soul escaping, the beam of light seen in the green image, is an aspect of The Fallen.

Unless it was once attributed to another race, such as The Hive, and later swapped onto another race - the concept art still reflecting what once was prior to the change.

That said, I definitely agree that the blue imagery seems more fitting of what we've seen of The Fallen, and the green for The Hive/Space Zombies. I'm almost certain the escaping soul was just shifted over to another race once their lore become more fleshed out.

Looking at the pictures again, I definitely agree with you guys. I was caught up on the Fallen's soul-escaping-skull attribute and was trying to reconcile that with the concept art. But it still leaves an unknown race, represented by the yellow concept work. The triangles in the artwork could represent the onyx pyramid ships, but now I'm really curious what the black, misty stuff represents?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread