Speculation Update Time!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 30, 2013, 14:58 (4045 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin
edited by Xenos, Saturday, March 30, 2013, 15:04

This gives the universe a really juicy mythological Lord of The Rings sort of feel where you know there are mysteries in the margins--perhaps outside of the scope of the story--that could definitely be explained and analyzed to death if only there were someone who still carried that ancient knowledge. It allows the writers a lot of freedom while perhaps making for a richer, more imaginative experience. Some things are better left open to interpretation. The unexplained is often more interesting to me than the explained. I'm not sure if this signifies fantasy or what, but at a certain point I think it just comes down to an argument of semantics.

Yeah I absolutely agree with that sentiment. I also think it's too early to claim which genre Destiny is since they haven't gone into detail about how the "magic" works. Maybe they won't, which definitely leaves it more in the realm of fantasy, or maybe they'll use the Traveler to provide some kind of Unobtanium like Quirel talked about, we just have to wait and see.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread