Huh? (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, May 19, 2016, 23:40 (2907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

House of wolves arrived a year ago today.

Just take a look at the amount and quality of content dropped after each year's respective large releases. What did we get post launch in year one? What did we get post TTK in year two? Compare.

I think that's grouping them wrong. The vanilla launch is separate.

Then the question is, what expansion did we get in Year 1? DB and HoW, a small and medium sized expansion.

What did we get in Year 2? TTK, something similar in size, if not larger, to DB and HoW combined.

End of Year 2 / beginning of Year 3 is apparently bringing another expansion, yet to be fully described.

They are not necessarily sticking to the original contract, but that was from years ago and things change. I cannot say at this point, nor do I think any reasonable person can, that Destiny does not have "enough content". They can say that they would consume content faster if it came faster, but that's a different thing.

How are those microtransactions working out again? Oh, they didn't do shit? I'm so surprised.

What were they supposed to do? Ruin the game? Is it ruined?

I agree that they set up the wrong kind of incentives, and I voluntarily avoid them. But I've yet to see evidence that they're ruining the game, mostly because we haven't yet seen content developed after they were introduced.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread