Comparing Destiny to itself is fine, but... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 20, 2016, 00:08 (2907 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think you're absolutely right when it comes to the amount of content Destiny has compared to bungie's previous games. I've always found it a bit silly when I hear people say "Destiny doesn't have enough content", or anything along those lines.

However, I do think Destiny has a content problem. It's not the amount of content, as much as it is the quality and diversity of the content. Vanilla Destiny has a decently long campaign. Way more missions than any Halo game, plus all the patrol stuff. But most of those missions were highly repetitive. Too many of them felt the same... In our minds, things that are too similar start to blend together or be forgotten. So a game with 20 missions ends up feeling like it only has 4 or 5. The year 1 DLC only put a brighter spotlight on this problem. Each expansion added 3 or 4 new story missions, but they were so similar to the other missions that they were almost instantly forgotten. Bungie added all this content to their game, yet a week after playing it I felt like they'd hardly added anything.

TTK did show lots of improvements in this regard. I found the story missions more memorable and distinct from each other. To me, TTK feels like a larger campaign than vanilla, even though it is actually far shorter. Hopefully we'll see things continue to improve :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread