Huh? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 20, 2016, 18:54 (2906 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yep. How does that mean I didn't have fun immediately?

I loved my childhood. I wasn't allowed to drive until I was 16, but that didn't stop me from having fun as an 8 year old. It has undeniably made parts of my life better now that I AM allowed to drive.

You can't reach the pedals or see over the wheel when you are 8. Those are fundamental limitations, not limitations that are self imposed.

Are you suggesting that if 100% of a game isn't playable in minute 1, it's broken? Because that's the stupidest thing I've ever thought you said. :) (Maybe you didn't say it, which is why I phrased it that way.)

In some sense. I think having the option to instantly unlock say, all tracks in Guitar Hero, would be a great addition to the game. But I would't take it to the extreme. There's a reason even story based games let you do chapter selects after you finish them.

Even IF I could have done those things I pushed down the road right from the start, I couldn't have - BECAUSE THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF HOURS IN THE DAY. So I can do A, B, and C, but not D - but that's okay, because really I only have time for A. So I have to push B and C down the road ANYWAY, just because there isn't time.

That's not the complaint. That's a fundamental limitation, not one imposed by the software.

If I found myself with a gap between when I found things that I COULD do fun, and when I was ABLE to do things I COULDN'T do, you'd have a point. But in the 2 years since I first played Destiny, that has never, ever, ever happened.

You also never experienced VoG or Crota blind. Great experiences (VoG more so), but to do that you most certainly would have had to do things you didn't find fun. I know you've come around to blind raiding.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread