Huh? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 20, 2016, 18:37 (2906 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe the best way to understand is to go play games that DONT take. You'll see the difference like night and day. If all you play is Destiny you might not see it, but plenty of games give you a great time without pushing any agenda or manipulative design practices. You don't have to wait down the road for any activities. You can just have fun immediately.

You're suggesting I didn't have fun immediately with Destiny? That would be an incorrect suggestion.

I've played plenty of games in my life. I don't think I've ever played a game where you start out with all the skills you need to play the end game. I don't think I'd actually enjoy playing a game like that. (Or all the gear, if you want to leave skill out of it. I wouldn't enjoy that either.)

Clearly, I don't understand what you're suggesting. Maybe specific examples? (A game that allows me to have fun immediately, and then an explanation of what Destiny does that violates that particular example?) That way, I can see if you even understand how far apart we are in how we see this game. (I don't think you do.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread