Blacklist is my favourite SplinterCell game... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 20, 2016, 02:59 (2907 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Finally, there's Spies vs Mercs. SvM in Blacklist is right up there with Trials in terms of my all-time favourite multiplayer modes. There's the classic 2v2 mode that gives pre-set load outs to each team. Levels are dark and intricate, and the matches are INTENSE. It might be the scariest game I've played, in the best possible way. There's also a new 4v4 mode with customizable load outs, a wider range of weapons and gadgets, and slightly brighter lighting. It's faster paced and a bit more chaotic, but also a bit more strategic thanks to all the gear and abilities at play. They did a masterful job of designing abilities that all feel powerful and useful, yet all have a counter. It's the ultimate Rock/Paper/Scissors design, and it's a freaking blast.

Man, I loved Spies vs. Mercs in the Pandora Tomorrow days when I was in middle school. We used to do LAN parties, playing primarily the first Halo, but plenty of Spies vs. Mercs and whatever Rainbow Six was out at the time. We played Xbox all night and ran around playing paintball in the wood's at my friends house during the days. Really fun weekends for a group of nerdy kids.

So yes, you should play this game :D

Well, if it ever makes it's way onto the backwards compatible list, I will. I'm honestly not sure why I missed it when it was new.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread