Does Destiny need a "campaign"? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 20, 2017, 10:47 (2393 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, October 20, 2017, 11:47

In a lot of ways, Destiny 2’s campaign pretty much is “just” a short series of adventures set one after the other. I guess I’m a bit confused as what would really change. Already, some of the story mission like the one with the tank had us travel through the open world to launch. More of that? Or more elaborate events in the open world that bring us from plot point to plot point?

Also, as far as D2’s story content, how much of its not delving into the bigger issues of death, sacrifice, etc might have to do with it being T for Teen?

Side tangent: I've noticed over the past week or two that it has already become shockingly rare to see other players while out on patrol. I complete almost all of my Flashpoint Milestones solo, without seeing another player at all. And now that we can fast travel, I hardly ever get to see a fireteam of Guardians drive by on their sparrows. Anyone else having this experience?

Nope. I just did the Flashpoints over the past two days and all my public events were fully populated. There are some times where it seems like no one is around but I just chalk it up to time of day or possibly people playing Crucible for challenges or other versions of Powerful Gear. Maybe reset your connection as well? Anything that prevents your game from talking to others, even just for a few seconds, could short circuit the bubble to bubble matchmaking process.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread