This 100% (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, October 20, 2017, 12:38 (2392 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

All this to say, I have a tough time caring about anything story related in Destiny, because Bungie hasn’t yet found a way to make the story matter. We’re into the 4th year now, and I still feel like I’m waiting for the story to start.

I feel the same way. TTK was well executed, and brought me the closest to feeling like there was an order of events that mattered. The D2 campaign, even with the sun-snuffing threat of the Almighty, didn't. Ghaul came and wrecked shop, but ultimately perished, though we don't really even know why; and everything is largely the same but for the fact we've had the fear put into us. Now what?

~M

So Des2ny ends with a significant in-universe event, with the re-awakening of the Traveler. Or at least, it should be significant. But for that to happen, we need to see reprocussions right away. Like, the very first DLC needs to touch on this in some way. Otherwise it’s just another plot device that ends up being left by the side of the road.

I'm optimistic that the repercussions we seek will begin to be paid off right away.

Luke said recently (in the December 2017 EDGE article) that there are big hints in that post-credit scene -- specifically that although the payoff of the black pyramids being awakened won't be paid off for years, the fact that Mercury was the first area to be shown as being impacted by the Traveler's light expansion was a very intentional setup of the first expansion. Mercury = Osiris, and very likely includes more about the Exo Stranger, Mara Sov and/or Prince Uldren.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread