If you don’t know something is implemented... (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, October 21, 2017, 06:49 (2392 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Pyromancy, Saturday, October 21, 2017, 07:32

The main campaign of Destiny 2 is the continuation of a Destiny 1 plot thread we last saw in the mission Outbound Signal.

Honestly, I think this fact has flown under the radar of many people. Especially since there has been quite a bit of content released after The Taken King that did basically nothing to continue the foreshadow of an impending doom, at the hands of the Cabal.

The first DLC, Curse of Osiris, is heavily rumored to focus on Mercury and the Vex, another group that hadn’t been in the spotlight yet. The DLC after that is rumored to focus on Rasputin who got some minor screen time but who’s actions and motives have still only been on the edges. Soon, Rasputin too might get his time in the spotlight.

Is there any new info for these DLC's besides just the expansion pass promotional icons, which were simply an "Eye of Osiris" image and the Warmind/"Rasputin symbol"? Are the rumors growing and embellishing as time goes on, like "the telephone game"?

We also saw some movement in the Taken’s thread with very strong hints that Savathûn and perhaps Xivu Arath have at least taken over leadership of the Taken, or maybe Savathûn has figured out Oryx’s power to Take, which would be a major shakeup in therms of who holds power within the Hive. The idea that the Hive in our system are attempting to summon Savathûn is also somewhat present.

I don't remember any specific hints about Xivu Arath at all, much less taking over leadership of the Taken.
I'll be glad to replay a mission if possible, or re-visit an adventure or two.

The voice actor for Prince Uldren walked the red carpet at the Destiny 2 launch event and hung out with Bungie at their big Destiny 2 launch party. I’d almost guarantee we’ll hear from Prince Uldren again at some point down the line, and if we do it will almost certainly be in regards for the search for Queen Mara Sov and his obtaining control of the House of Kings.

I hadn't heard about this, and I don't think that this info is widely known. Do you have any additional notes for this?

I do think, however, there’s a bit more going on in Destiny 2 than you’re giving it credit for at the moment.

Rhetorical Question:
If you don’t know something is implemented, then just how good can it be?

Every coin has two sides - Unnecessary gif:
[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread