If you don’t know something is implemented... (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, October 21, 2017, 14:39 (2391 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Pyromancy, Saturday, October 21, 2017, 14:44

We also saw some movement in the Taken’s thread with very strong hints that Savathûn and perhaps Xivu Arath have at least taken over leadership of the Taken, or maybe Savathûn has figured out Oryx’s power to Take, which would be a major shakeup in therms of who holds power within the Hive. The idea that the Hive in our system are attempting to summon Savathûn is also somewhat present.

I don't remember any specific hints about Xivu Arath at all, much less taking over leadership of the Taken.
I'll be glad to replay a mission if possible, or re-visit an adventure or two.

It's in the Lake of Shadows strike. There was a thread about the implications/references. Whether it's just Savathûn or both sisters is up in the air, but I'm pretty sure that unless Bungie wants to shake things up, we'll only be dealing with them one at a time, and Xivu Arath has far less mentions in the game so far (sure would be neat to have her revealed as the bigger fish if we have a DLC revolving around Savathûn, though, or an orchestrator of events).

Thanks for the assist. I was hoping for a specific level name or something along those lines

I don't think I've played that Strike. I haven't played many of them I don't think because they are "randomly selected" (plus matchmaking) and they don't seem to rotate equally.
I'd love to be able to select that Strike specifically and check it out, but that's not possible. I'd also love to be able to be able to play it specifically from the very beginning and at a pace that is slower than 2 x Random Player's Ludicrous Speed. You know the whole, run as fast as you possibly can to 'The Boss' and do not Pass Go or collect 200 dollars, thing.

Just watched a video of that Strike. Turns out I have actually played it.
There was just a generic mention of Oryx's sisters. Nothing specific towards Xivu Arath. Of course, there has been a number/multiple mentions of Savathûn throughout Destiny 2 so far, however I can't remember any of Xivu Arath.

You are right, He/She (Xivu Arath) could potentially make for an interesting plot twist since the narrative and many theories surround Savathûn and discount the third Sister. He/She might make for a good dark horse if you will. Or could the Sisters relationship be used as a plot device? Possibly where Savathûn is able to capture, achieve, and assert dominance by making Xivu a subordinate or tricking him/her into executing the war or "running the army" while Savathûn takes extra tribute and handles the higher level administration or strategy? Could the Sisters potentially have learned something from Oryx's Daughters - they seemed to have a bond that let them do things that other Hive/Taken have not been able?

And then we have that odd mention of Nokris from Left Field to either ignore or account for. I had an interesting thought the other day. Could Nokris be Nezarec? In the same way that Aurash -> Auryx -> Oryx could Nokris -> Nezarec? Could Oryx's Sin give us any insight about Nezarec's Sin. Oryx: "They were coterminous and allied, his ship and his sin." Or could it just be a coincidence or poor choice of language.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread