Does Destiny need a "campaign"? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 20, 2017, 11:15 (2393 days ago) @ Ragashingo

In a lot of ways, Destiny 2’s campaign pretty much is “just” a short series of adventures set one after the other. I guess I’m a bit confused as what would really change. Already, some of the story mission like the one with the tank had us travel through the open world to launch. More of that? Or more elaborate events in the open world that bring us from plot point to plot point?

(emphasis mine)

Yeah, more stuff like that is what I had in mind. Destiny has all these different systems in place (strikes, patrols, adventures, public events) and some of the most exciting and unpredictable moments happen when those systems crash into each other and overlap. I think having more instances of that, and more different combinations, is a good direction for Destiny to lean, as it is really the thing that makes Destiny unique. And a good way to achieve that is to keep as many players engaged with public instances as possible, including the "story" focused missions.

Also, as far as D2’s story content, how much of its not delving into the bigger issues of death, sacrifice, etc might have to do with it being T for Teen?

I doubt it. That is more a case of what sorts of graphic violence can be shown. They could easily have had certain main characters die, or resolved things in such a way that not every guardian gets their light back... something, anything, other than a clean and tidy return to the status quo.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread