Does Destiny need a "campaign"? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, October 21, 2017, 08:39 (2392 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On the Exo Stranger, multiple people have suggested Luke wasn't being serious. He noted that there was a ton of interest in the Exo Stranger but then said her ending where she gives you a gun and vanishes was a good ending... We both agree that is not a good ending, and Luke doesn’t strike me as stupid. So, while I won’t straight up endorse the “He was only joking” theory, I’ll happily cling to it.

I’ll also note that the Exo Stranger (Maya Sundaresh) and Chioma Esi (Maya’s wife) both have gotten new mentions and lore references in Destiny 2. For a character whose story is “done” they sure bring her up a lot. Now yes, it’s possible she never re-emerges from the fog of lore. Maybe they couldn’t get her voice actor again or they continue her story through Osiris. I’ll be happy if we get an actual conclusion to her story, lore based or not. But, what if she did come back as an in-game character? And gave a good explanation. How many of those complaints about her would vanish?

Take my feelings about the Exo Stranger and expand them to any hanging plot thread. How much will be quickly forgiven if a thread goes from hanging in a holding pattern to a spotlight thread?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread