Better than that (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Friday, August 29, 2014, 19:49 (3531 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny is about the loot! The endgame is about getting great rewards!

Oh wait, but only one per week. We'll lock you out of these rewards since playing the game too much is somehow bad.

I hate MMO mechanics so much.

It is better than that. And realistically it sounds to me like beating the Raid on Hard (with a normal life) will take a week.

Plus it does say per encounter. If there are 3 encounters in the Raid, the math means we could get 6 pieces of gear in one week for each character. Sounds like plenty of room for playing in the week even for the most hardcore.

BTW, if you play 6-8 hours a day (or more) 7 days a week... Doesn't that constitute a "grind" anyway? There is NO way any developer could build content meant to be consumed at that speed without speed bumps. [Side Note: I did pull my numbers out of no where... So, some grace for error please. ;) Just trying to start the discussion.]

I could be wrong, but given the little bit we know about the raid - it sounds to me that for 95% of Destiny players, we won't even notice the lockout mechanic across all 3 of our character slots.

On a side note, how much time per week do you guys have to dedicate to this game? I have a full time job, a wife, and a 6 month old - and a community of real life friends who we spend time with (fortunately 3-4 of them are Guardians themselves. ;)

I estimate on average I will have between 6-15 hours per week to play (more early on). What about you guys? Cody, how much time will you have to invest each week?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread