Lockout (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 13:47 (3529 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2. My point about Halo was that people have replayed levels of Halo: Combat Evolved for some 13 years now with no in game rewards or level modifiers other than difficulty. It leaves me thinking "???" when it is suddenly a problem that the bonuses at the end of (sections of?) Destiny's Raids are locked out for a time. If Destiny's gameplay is fun, if the missions are challenging, then what do the rewards matter?

Because. Rewards. Are. Required. To. Play. High. Level. Content.

You power up your character through rewards.

Getting obnoxious is certainly uncalled for. Especially when I attempted to address your exact concern in the unquoted Point 1. Let me repeat myself and expand a bit:

I think these raid rewards will be like the Iron Banner rewards we've already seen. Custom guns and armor with custom themes and colors that are not required to continue the raid or any other high level content. I think they will be for bragging rights but will be equaled by other high level gear that will not be the subject of a raid reward lockout.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread