Lockout (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:11 (3529 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

So the question may come down to whether or not raids are actually fun, I take it. If the raid is so hard or obnoxious or grindy, and if you can only get that loot the one time in a week, it begs the question for whether or not people will even want to continue playing it after they get their loot, or if they even care enough to try and get the additional loot week after week after week if it's just highly ridiculous.

Bungie's already made it clear that it isn't meant for everyone. Does this dissuade grinders, potentially? I wonder who their target user is with this thing. Someone who just wants some super challenge? Or will it be so grindy and so ridiculous that it'll really just serve to alienate? Someone who only wants the lootiest of the loots? Will it be worth their time, especially if constantly turned off after one successful completion? Obviously I guess there are no real answers until we see how it goes, but I'd love to know the stats of how many people continue to raid six months after launch. Or how many repeat raiders, etc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread