Put up or shut up time, Cody. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 16:05 (3526 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Question: In all your negivity and worst case scenario-ing did you consider this post from Luke Smith? (I hear he has something to do with Raids) Key points:

I fully expect groups to beat Normal mode in the first week its available.

Once your group learns the encounters, you will be able to get through the Raid significantly faster than 3 hours.

How about this section of the last Weekly Update:

In two days of playing - where they broke for meals and had some ramp up time with the game on day 1, here's what happened:

Two groups made it to the final encounter. Neither group defeated it.

One group made it to the final encounter, but had to be skipped through an earlier encounter.

One group washed out and elected to go back to playing Strikes, Missions and Patrols.

The designer of the raid expects groups to beat it within a week of it being available and players new to Destiny were nearly able to beat it in under two days... so what are you worried about? In other places he has talked about using strikes to level up to take on the raid. Strikes aren't subject to lockout as far as I know.

If the reward lockout is reset weekly, and the raid will be able to be beaten in under a week... exactly which cool content will ultimately be locked out? From what I can tell, from sourced quotes, your list will look a lot more like this:

1. I want to play the cool content
2. I will be able to play the cool content

Disagree? Then put up or shut up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread